What is high rib lath?
Hi-rib lath (High Ribbed Lath/High Ribbed Formwork) is manufactured from hot-dipped galvanized steel sheets. It has been applied to the concrete structure of projects all over the world. As early as 1969, it has tested and verified by British Cement Association of and many architecture-structure experts in ESPM that it is superior over traditional template including wooden template, steel template etc.
|Reference||Weight (kg)||Material Thicknessness (mm)||Rib Height (mm)||Rib Distance (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)|
|All dimensions can be adjusted according to the customer requirements.|
High Rib Lath Application:
High –Rib Lath products are used in the construction of tunnels, conduits, flumes, culverts, silos, cisterns, chimneys, and water tanks. For these applications the lath sheet products come in curved steel sheets. They are locked together to form a complete tube or tunnel on site. The curved sheets are stood on edge in the case of silos, water tanks, cisterns, and chimneys. The connected form then is plastered with cement. In some cases a few steel rods are added for extra strength and connecting purposes.
High-Rib Lath products are used in flooring due to its ability to interlock prefabricated pieces. It has plaster applied to the underside creating the ceiling. The top would have wet cement poured on it to form the floor above. If the floor were required to carry heavy loads the Hy-Rib sheathing material could be bent into an arch to provide additional strength and then wet cement could poured as usual on top to make a floor
High Rib Lath Advantage:
1. Achieves significant reductions in the concrete pressure normally associated with conventional formwork.
2. High Rib Lath can be installed quicker than plywood or steel formwork.
3. can be placed before rod reinforcement which is then installed by piercing through the mesh area.
4. Eliminating preparation of the joint surface.
5. Allowing a high rate of rise of concrete.
6. Enables the pour to be visually monitored.
7. Reducing the risk of voids and honeycombing.
8. Save time - it is left in place so formwork stripping is eliminated - only the supports are removed.
9. Hy-Rib can be supported by existing or extra reinforcement. The whole structure can be left in the concrete which eliminates the placing and removal of temporary supports.
10. No need to clean, reface and oil formwor.